Common questions answered…
Packet pick-up starts Friday at noon. Your best bet is to let the first rush get through and come between 1:00 and 8:00 (please don’t come early, we won’t be ready). This year we have moved packet pick-up to Page Memorial Fellowship Hall which is right at the starting line on 104 South Poplar Street. We will also be collecting Cans & Coats for K2 Solutions Annual Drive at packet-pickup. Please bring what you can.
On race day, there is lots of parking in downtown Aberdeen, but please remember if you park inside of the race route you will not be able to leave until the last runners are off the course. There is plenty of parking outside the route and a parking map below.
On-Site Child Care
Rugg Rats will be on-site at Page Memorial Nursery for child care. Now, both parents can run! Space is limited, please contact Rugg Rats to make an appointment.
Pets & Strollers
We love runners with strollers and runners with pets, but we do ask that both start behind runners without.
Runners & Walkers
We have signs, but here’s another reminder. If you are walking or running at a slower pace, please stay to the right and leave room for fast runners to pass on the left. We, and especially they, really appreciate it!
Egg Nog Jog
Parents are allowed & encouraged to run with their smaller kids and enjoy the time with them on the 1/2 mile course.
We want to make sure everyone gets one – we attempt to make sure that those who register early get them first should we run out. Each year we have to order shirts when only about 25% of registrations are in, so we do our best to estimate and make sure we have enough for everyone, but not too many (we are a non-profit after all). If we do happen to run out, we will issue “Rein”checks so and get them to you after the event.
Schedule of Events
Wednesday, December 4
- 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. - Blitzen Bash!
Thursday, December 5
- 6:00 p.m. – Volunteer training
Friday, December 6
- 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. - Registration & Packet pick-up @ Page Memorial Fellowship Hall (104 South Poplar Street, Aberdeen, NC)
Saturday, December 7 (race day)
- 7:15 a.m. to 8:45 a.m. - Registration & Packet pick-up @ Page Memorial Fellowship Hall (104 South Poplar Street, Aberdeen, NC)
- 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. - 12ks of Christmas
- 9:15 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. - 5k Reindeer Fun Run/Walk
- 9:15 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – After Party
- 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. – Costume Judging @ giant Chick-fil-A cow
- 10:30 a.m. – Kids Egg Nog Jog (3 Heats)
- 11:00 a.m. (ish) - Awards Presentation @ Union Station Caboose
Chick-fil-A Kids Zone
- Photos with Santa
- Rolling Video Games
- 4-Wheel Pony Rides
- Monster Basketball
- 50’ Obstacle Course
- Face Painting
- Balloon Man
- Craft Table
- Carnival Games
- Rita’s Italian Ice Samples
- Cotton Candy
- ALL FREE!
- Live bands!
- Mellow Mushroom
- Funnel Cakes
- Sponsor & Merchandise tents
- Lots more.
Race award ceremony to be held shortly after the completion of the Chick-fil-A Egg Nog Jog. There will also be a costume contest with awards for Best Individual Costume, Best Group Costume, and Best Pet Costume!
Who is going to be Dasher this year?
(First antlers to cross the finish line)
- All races start and finish in Downtown Aberdeen
- Each paid participant receives a long-sleeve race t-shirt & antlers
- 12k finishers will receive a finisher medal
- Registered pets receive a race bandana
- Bib-tag timing for 5k & 12k
- Prizes/Awards for best costumes, fastest times (overall & by age/gender) & fastest times wearing antlers