Registration FAQs (2)
You can, and please, please, please, please do that if you want to give your slot to someone else. Otherwise, it is a mess for us to figure out final results. NEVER give your bib to someone without oficially transferring first.
Here are directions from RunSignUp.
Easy! Well, kinda easy. Here are the directions from RunSignUp–you can also switch at packet-pickup, but it is faster to do before-hand.
- Sign In to RunSignUp
- Go to your Profile
- Click My Registered Races
- Click Manage Registration next to the registration that you would like to transfer to another race
- Click the Transfer To Another Race menu item
- Find the race that you would like to transfer into and click the Start Transfer button
- Register for the new race, and your Race Transfer Credit will be applied at the checkout
It is REALLY important that you don’t just run the other race on race day. A couple years ago we had someone decide to run the 5k instead of the 12k, without letting us know. Guess what? Our results showed he won the 12k in record time and it delayed our awards ceremony by 15 minutes to unwind it all. Just one example, but it really messes things up. Thanks!